Fonds MSS SC 22 - University Club of Winnipeg fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

University Club of Winnipeg fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UMASC MSS SC 22

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1913-1914 (Creation)
    Creator
    University Club of Winnipeg

Physical description area

Physical description

0.05 m of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1913-1914)

Administrative history

The University Club of Winnipeg was formed in 1913. Membership was open to male university graduates living in Winnipeg. The object of the club was to bring together the university men of the community. Each member was charged an initial fee of $50 and an additional $25 in annual dues. Judge Cameron was elected permanent Chairman in 1913. The club planned to purchase and renovate the Major Bell house at the corner of Carlton and York Streets. On December 18, 1914, W. Sanford Evans, President and Jasper Halpenny, M.D., Secretary, issued a notice stating that plans for the club and club quarters were on hold until the war ended. There is no evidence that the club was ever revived.

Custodial history

The fonds was donated to University of Manitoba Archives & Special Collections by Professor C.M. Jones in 1978.

Scope and content

The fonds consists of University Club of Winnipeg materials dating from September 1913 and June 1914 including the act of incorporation, constitution, minute books, and correspondence.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

There are no restrictions on this material.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Finding aid is currently unavailable.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Fonds consists of one accrual: A1978-031.
No further accruals are expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres