Title and statement of responsibility area
Scientific Club of Winnipeg fonds
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UMASC MSS 44 (A.81-43)
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Scientific Club of Winnipeg
Physical description area
0.5 m of textual records.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Scientific Club of Winnipeg was founded in 1905 by a group of eight individuals who wanted to establish a small private society to discuss new and current scientific questions. Members met every two weeks to discuss problems and record progress. Membership was initially restricted to forty but due to popular demand gradually increased to one hundred in 1926. Meetings continued until 1981.
The fonds was donated to University of Manitoba Archives & Special Collections by Marion H. Ferguson in 1981.
Scope and content
The fonds contains the constitution, membership, attendance and committee lists, notices of meetings, annual reports, papers, abstracts, questionnaires, correspondence, and minute books of the Scientific Club of Winnipeg.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
There are no restrictions on this material.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
A printed finding aid is available in the Archives reading room.