Title and statement of responsibility area
J.W. Carter fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UMASC Mss Sc 98
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
0.01 m of textual records.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
J.W. Carter was an employee of the Department of Private Funding at the University of Manitoba.
The fonds was donated to University of Manitoba Archives & Special Collections by J.W. Carter in 1986.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of a three-page history of the Bison Building, which once stood on the campus of the University of Manitoba. It was written by J.W. Carter for the Department of Private Funding. The building was originally built as a double hangar for the Royal Canadian Air Force. It was moved to the University of Manitoba in 1948 and served for a short while as Students' Union Building, after which it was rechristened the Bison Building.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
There are no restrictions on this material.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Finding aid is currently unavailable.
No further accruals to this fonds are expected.