Showing 2840 results

archival descriptions
Ogilvie Flour Mills Company fonds
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

Ogilvie Flour Mills Company fonds

There are 419 blueprints in the collection. They are arranged by location and filed in chronological order. The blueprints are stored in the map cabinets.

Ogilvie Flour Mills Company

Ogilvie Flour Mills Company fonds

The first Ogilvie family mill was erected at Jacques Cartier in 1801. While the collection does not contain records back to the Company's inception, there are land deeds dating back to 1847 and material running concurrently up to 1983. The files include: financial records, income tax returns, shareholders lists, balance sheets, and ledgers. The legal records include deeds, land titles and agreements. The corporate files (including ledgers) consist of Board of Directors minutes, annual reports, letters patent, and correspondence from several Ogilvie Flour Mills Co. Ltd. presidents. There are administrative records that offer a glimpse into the day-to-day running of a flour mill with renovation costs and personnel files. The fond contains bound volumes of The Jolly Miller, the Company's publication.

Ogilvie Flour Mills Company

Ogilvie Flour Mills Company fonds

The photograph collection contains over 1500 images. Where possible, individual shots have been separated with personalities identified and exact dates. Most of these photographs have appeared in the Jolly Miller between the years 1937-1969. Where dates are not readily available, an attempt has been made to be decade specific. There are eight photo albums that mainly display mill operations. They have been kept intact and given their own numbering system. ( ie: P.C. 122-A-001). All negatives that came with the collection have been stored separately.

Ogilvie Flour Mills Company

Ogilvie Flour Mills Company fonds

  • CA UMASC A1993-088, A1994-023, A1994-030, A1994-041, A1996-025
  • Fonds
  • 1847-1983

The fonds consists of twenty four series: A.W. & W.W. Ogilvie Co. Ltd. (1847-1973), Ogilvie Flour Mills Co. Ltd. (1900-1983), Seaforth Milling Co. Ltd. (1909-1978), La Boulangerie Nationale Ltee. (1913-1972), Consolidated Bakeries (1914-1980), Ogilvie Grain (1915-1977), Glenora Securities Inc. (1912-1976), Treeline Navigation (1925-1936), Ault Foods (1937-1977), Miracle Foods (1944-1977), Industrial Grain Products (1946-1976), H.B. Saunders Ltd. (1959-1977), Les Porcheries Canadien Ltee. (1960-1971), Canadian Grain Export Co. Ltd. (1945-1976), Cal – Ed Poultry Products (1965-1977), Brampton Milling & Farm Supply (1968-1969), Edmonton Produce Ltd. (1968-1971), Cham Foods Ltd. (1968-1976), Delmar Chemicals Ltd. (1969-1977), McGavin Toastmaster Ltd. (1920-1977), Catelli-Habitant Ltd. (1928-1977), Lake of the Woods Milling Co. Ltd. (1887-1977), Blueprints (1851-1975), and Photograph Collection (1890-1977). The photograph collection consists of 1408 photographs, 149 slides, and 8 paintings. The map collection consists of 419 technical drawings and blueprints.

Ogilvie Flour Mills Company

Results 1 to 30 of 2840