Title and statement of responsibility area
Gamma Phi Beta. Kappa Gamma chapter fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA UMASC Mss Sc 160 (A.81-20)
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
0.01 m of textual records.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Gamma Phi Beta sorority was founded at Syracuse University in 1874. Kappa Gamma chapter of Gamma Phi Beta was the first women's Greek society to be organized at the University of Manitoba. The chapter was disbanded in 1975.
The fonds was donated to University of Manitoba Archives & Special Colletions by Mrs. Gerald Malaher in May 1981. The fonds was originally classified as UA SC 7 but was reclassified in 2005 as MSS SC 160 to more accurately reflect its provenance.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of the original charter of the Kappa Gamma (University of Manitoba) chapter of the Gamma Phi Beta sorority, dated May 16, 1925. Names of the founding members of the chapter are listed on the charter.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
There are no restrictions on this material.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Finding aid is currently unavailable.